Sunday, September 21, 2014

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face"



Welcome back pals! Brrrrr...chilly this morn! Guess we shouldn't be surprised...Falls startin' in just two short Summer days!
Well pallies...I gots JUST what the doctor ordered! Some NICE, WARM & COZY Dino to cuddle up to! Hahaha! Nothin' better pals, than some relaxin' croonin' by Dean, set to some laid back tune by his main man, Ken Lane, to heat thins' up! Maybe a nice DRINKY too! Haha! Warms the soul pals.

 Now today's Serenade, "I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face",  is 'nother case when I'm ALMOST POS O TIVE that I simply MUSTA did this Great Great jam before! O well...I can't find it, & besides...a tune this nice SHOULD be played twice! Ha!

Man o man, I found So So many vids for this song that I almost couldn't decides which to use! There are TONS of VERY cool versions from different years & TONS of different sound qualities on the newer ones. HOWEVER...for me...the clear choice is ALWAYS the same. Whenever possible...I will choose a live clip from Dean's variety  show. He was DEF I NATE LY at the top of his game durin' these years & DEF I NATE LY was durin' a time that I feel was the BEST decade ever! Good & bad...the SWINGIN' 60's was a place I wish I'd seen!

OK pals o mine...let's get to the SWOONIN' & CROONIN'!
Go grab that drinky now...pull up a love seat...& take a trip back to a better place with Dean. Enjoy.


I've grown accustomed to her face
She almost makes the day begin
I've grown accustomed to the tune
She whistles night and noon
Her smiles, her frowns, her ups her downs
There second nature to me now
Like breathing out and breathing in
I was serenely independent and content before we met
Surely I could always be that way again and yet
I've grown accustomed to her looks
Accustomed to her voice, so accustomed to her face.
I've grown accustomed to her face
She almost makes the day begin
I was serenely independent and content before we met
Surely I could always be that way again and yet
I've grown accustomed to her looks
Accustomed to her voice...
Accustomed to her face.


 


 

2 comments:

BlueisCoool said...

What a great sounding song and Bean seemed to enjoy singing it as much as i did watching it.

What a wonderful choice.

Have a safe and happy week.

Scott

Danny G. said...

Thanks pallie! Same to youse!